"These structures and systems, they do not exist outside of human bodies. And what she said that was so potent was that if we were to STOP how they live and reproduce in our bodies..they would just STOP.'" — Alexis Pauline Gumbs
Welcome to Part II of this introduction to the Rooted Global Village. If you missed Part one, you can watch it on the Rooted blog here.)
In this session, we’ll explore some of the elements that comprise our body-centered approach to liberation work and why we value the body as a potent site of transformation potential.
In the video, you will explore:
- Why we value the body as a potent site of transformation potential.
- How experience becomes orientations and patterned ways of living.
- What it means to face the discomfort inherent in a body in change.
- Stretching from where we are now to where we might go next.
- Permission Not Necessary: What infantalizes us, and what might shift if claimed that autonomy that is our birthright.
At heart, and in our embrace of emergence and unknowns, we are curious about what it takes for us to disrupt and agitate (in sometimes even joyful ways) what can become calcified and habituated in our experience. And how this calcification can block liberation.
What is the Rooted Global Village [Rooted]?
Rooted is a virtual space hosting members from around the globe - we are made up of people of various backgrounds, faith traditions and cultural perspectives. Inside Rooted, we gather to reflect, un/learn and re/member, as our perspectives and ideas are shaped and re/shaped through our many encounters.
Each one of us coming into Rooted comes to it from a unique lived experience; and from different social and geographical locations. For more on what we're up to check out the membership page: www.rootedglobalvillage.com/membership